Subject: [OGD] Paph.vejvarutianum

To: orchids@orchidguide.com

P. vejverutianum (Paul Phillips)

Dear Paul,

when you would see the plants especially in bud then yu would understand why
the species was described.

Thank for the clarification by Tennis Maynard.

The plants, which were described as Paph. vejvarutianum came to USA more
than 20 years ago as Paph. charlesworthii va. Kanchanaburi. The leaves are
similar to Paph. gratrixianum, the bud is the same like charlesworthii and
the flower in the end is similar to Paph. barbigerum.

Now I have seen more plants and so today I would decide that it is a real
distinct variety of Paph. barbigerum.

It is not the same like Paph. rhizomatosum, but very similar in the flower
and different in the growth. The correct name would also not be Paph.
rhizomatosum because the same plants were described earlier as natural
hybrid, Paph. x areeanum. Nowerdays it would be better to see it also as a
variety.

To Pauls words about the commercial interests. When these plants were
described there exist no commercial interest. The describer did and do not
sell plants and did not get any money for the description. On the other side
these plants are not so beautiful or so rare that there will be payed a lot
of money for. I have seen plants in flower in Europe and USA for 15 $.

For this time best greetings

Olaf

Olaf  Gruss

In der Au 48

83224 Grassau

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

  _____

Ich benutze die Vade Retro <http://www.vade-retro.com/de/desktop>  antispam
software, um meinen Posteingang gegen unerwünschte Nachrichten zu schützen.
Seit seiner Installation hat Vade Retro 62 spams von 2558 erhaltenen
Nachrichten blockiert.

  _____

Ich verwende die kostenlose Version von SPAMfighter,
die bei mir bis jetzt 668 Spammails entfernt hat.
Bezahlende Anwender haben diesen Hinweis nicht in ihren E-Mails.
Jetzt gratis testen: hier klicken <http://www.spamfighter.com/lde> .