I noticed two keikis atop neighboring pseudobulbs at leaf axils while gathering up the trichopilias into crates as I try to finish the year's repotting before winter sets in (I repot outdoors in the back yard because I have more room and I don't have to worry about the mess).

I have posted a pic on my flickr page at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/?saved=1

I have seen such things develop on the tops of pseudobulbs before on a few oncidinae, but they usually don't mature and eventually die back. These seem to be becoming viable plantlets, growing roots and even a second growth on one of them.

I'd be interested in hearing from those in the know about these adventitious growths - why they happen, how to encourage their formation. I'm particularly happy to see these as they are on an extremely rare and hard to obtain plant, T.eneidae, the flower of which can be seen on my homepage at:

http://www.orchidcourt.com/tricpics.html

Tennis Maynard