What's to stop both cases being applied simultaneously? Double dipping
or dipping plus is endemic in 20th Century regulatory model rights based
industries.

With content dispersed physically by so many protocols such as torrents
and blockchains into the 21st Century how on earth do you tell where the
content starts and ends?

Will we see VAT and Rights payments being demanded in all countries the
content spans including the country of origin?

Note I use "span" not "traverse" as this is a better description of the
disembodied nature of online content using these newer protocols.

One reason why I am against VAT being reverse engineered to country of
"consumption"... What on earth does that end up meaning?

All this is really doing is encouraging bad and profligate governments
in Europe as now they can set whatever VAT rate they like in expectation
they won't be undercut by other country's rates.

In other words this policy seems to me to push the direction towards
closed self serving government behaviour not open.

Christian

--
Christian de Larrinaga
---------