Dear All,

This is only tangentially related to digital rights, but I think it will be
of interest to people who care about both "digital" and "rights":

http://news.slashdot.org/story/15/02/16/1239215/online-uk-courts-modelled-on
-ebay-to-settle-legal-disputes

I've never been through the small claims/county court process myself,
although I've come close to it, but my initial feelings are that anything
that can improve access to justice while limiting inconvenience would be a
good thing. Of course this relies on the integrity of the justice process
being maintained and an arm's length online system would seem to create
certain risks here, particularly involving accountability.

Regards,

Ian

Ps. I sent an email to the list a few weeks ago that I never saw delivered.
possibly I just missed it, but I do wonder if it got eaten by the spam
filter (the body of the message contained words that I suspect would be
likely to trigger the spam filter!)

--
Please support ORG's work - join and help fund our future:
https://www.openrightsgroup.org/join