Just to add, and in support of an idea like this, all standard A&A
broadband connections can be set to L2TP to a remote endpoint so that it
is really simple for someone to set up a private Internet service like
this using our broadband service. The costs are the same as normal.

Obviously that service needs to do the Tor exit nodes and so on to
provide the degree of privacy, but you don't need to set up a whole ISP
to do this, just a box that does Tor and L2TP somewhere in "the cloud".

Are there any consumer broadband routers that handle being a tor client?

Please support ORG's work - join and help fund our future:

To unsubscribe, send a blank email to
or use https://lists.openrightsgroup.org/listinfo/org-discuss