On Sat, Oct 15, 2016 at 12:30 PM, Adrian Kennard <org-disc...@e.gg> wrote:

> Just to add, and in support of an idea like this, all standard A&A
> broadband connections can be set to L2TP to a remote endpoint so that it
> is really simple for someone to set up a private Internet service like
> this using our broadband service. The costs are the same as normal.

Good point, I could setup an entry point for AAISP DSL/3G customers to
point their existing connections to (with a guide) if they wanted to try it
out
or for new customers leave the DSL to the experts and I'd just have to
handle the
L2TP / LNS / Tor side of things. Would it still need to be a Firebrick or
would
OpenBSDs npppd be sufficient in this case?

> Are there any consumer broadband routers that handle being a tor client?

I believe PORTAL (https://github.com/grugq/portal)  was using the same
little box that RIPE probes use ( TP-LINK WR703N) and anything that can run
OpenWRT can be configured as a tunneling Tor client.
--
Please support ORG's work - join and help fund our future:
https://www.openrightsgroup.org/join