Alas, this anecdote is only the latest evidence of the decline of "community
feeling" at dances.  Too many dancers feel that coming to a dance is a
contractual relationship; i.e., they pay, they dance, they go home and don't
think about it any more...except to think"Was there a dancer on the floor whose
capacity is diminished and is thus ruining MY dancing experience?"
I would like to see our dance charge these people exactly what it costs to
provide them the contractual experience of dancing:  $11.25 for this particular
dance (assuming 100 dancers) + whatever we set aside to pay eventually for
maintenance and repair of the venue (most of which will be done by volunteers)
+ whatever we need to set aside to accommodate "vulnerable dancers" (e.g., a
special dance for them, perhaps?) = $17-20/per, maybe.
And that's assuming volunteers open and close, find the talent and do the PR.
"Keep your eyes open, hold tight to your convictions, give it all you've got,
be resolute, and love without stopping."  St. PaulMerry Kay Shernock
381 VT Rte 12 NONorthfield, VT  05663 (802)595-3972

    On Tuesday, October 24, 2017 7:36 AM, Katy Heine via Organizers