Dear Musicians community,

This list has been going for many years now!  It’s hard to believe.  Chris and
I are grateful to everyone here in our community who has worked hard to make
this a welcoming, supportive place.

Chris and I are excited to be working with CDSS, and with the four new lists
joining the Shared Weight community.

Check out this article in the CDSS News  to learn about the Shared Weight
renewal.

https://www.cdss.org/images/newsletter_archives/articles/CDSS_News_Winter_2019_Shared_Weight.pdf

Also - check out the brand new Shared Weight website:
https://www.sharedweight.net

What does the renewal mean for the Musicians list?

  *   Our list has a renewed vision. Check it out here:
https://www.sharedweight.net/lists/dance-organizers/

  *   The partnership among the various list founders and CDSS has created a
stronger team to support this list into the future.

Other than that, our list remains the same supportive community that it’s
always been.

We encourage you to spread the news and invite others to join the list!

Additional notes:

  *   IMPORTANT: When you respond to a post on the list, please remember to
trim off old replies.  It will make it much easier for others to use our list,
especially those that receive the digest version.

  *   You can access the full list archives at:
https://lists.sharedweight.net/hyperkitty/list/organizers@lists.sharedweight.net/

  *   The Shared Weight team is excited to announce the official renewal launch
of our mailing list servers for traditional dance, music, and song -- including
this list!

  *   Instructions on this page to set up an account:
https://www.sharedweight.net/about/technical-faqs/

  *   You should set up an account to manage your settings (e.g., change
between receiving each emails or receiving the digest version of the list). If
you are interested, go to this page to set up an account
https://www.sharedweight.net/about/technical-faqs/ ).  Sorry - old usernames &
passwords no longer work given the move to a new server.

Thanks for your continued support of the Contra Callers list!

Let us know if you have any questions.
Seth Seeger & Chris Weiler

Shared Weight - A Community Resource for Traditional Dance, Music and Song

Our list founders are:
Alan Winston - ECD list
Amanda Witman - song organizers list
Chris Weiler & Seth Seeger - contra callers, dance organizers, and dance
musicians lists
Ridge Kennedy - trad callers list
Weogo Reed - tradsound list