Just want to flag that the following dances in GA, NC, SC are doing quite well:

    Sautee (hour and a half above Atlanta, not quite middle of nowhere)
https://snca.org/contra/home.php
    seem to be averaging 130-140 dancers at their monthly dances
    last dance I attended the beginners' class completely encircled the large gym
    lots of family energy (very wide range of ages)

    Old Farmers Ball, OFB, at Warren Wilson outside of Asheville
https://oldfarmersball.com/
    at their peak they had over 200 dancers every Thursday evening
    I don't know if they've gotten back up to that peak
    but I've heard it's a strong, solid dance

    River Falls Lodge, SC
https://www.facebook.com/groups/harvestmoonfolk/
    this really is in the middle of nowhere
    I'm _guessing _150 dancers would be packed.
    I'm hearing that it's often packed now.

    Charlotte, NC
https://www.charlottecontradance.org/
    I first encountered this dance several years ago and loved that their
    peak demographic was the 30-40 year old crowd that often
    disappears to raise a family. They've had to move a couple of
    times over the past few years and their numbers had dipped (down to 80??).     I was around for a few of their early post-covid dances with ok numbers (70??).
    I gather the dance has gathered steam and is now quite solid,
    though I don't know demographics/numbers ... just that it's doing great.

A lot of the above is hear say and may have changed since the last hearsay!

I apologize if I'm speaking out of turn.
Organizers are welcome to correct me.

Thought some positive numbers would be a nice thing ...

Heitzso