Hi Jeremie,

the in-memory storage is intended to provide memory only, volatile
behavior, so when you shutdown your machine you will lose all your data.
If you need data persistence you have to use a disk based storage (plocal).
If your concern is about having all your database in memory to have very
high performance, you can rely on a plocal (persistent) storage with enough
memory allocated to disk cache to keep in memory all your database (see
http://www.orientechnologies.com/docs/last/orientdb.wiki/Performance-Tuning.html
). This way you will have both benefits of in-memory and persistent
storages.

Luigi

>  Hello,
>

> If I'm using the in-memory OrientDB server, will my data remain there when
> the computer is shut down? I understand that OrientDB's in-memory server is
> storing the data in the computer's RAM, but is there a built-in feature
> that allows users to persist their data even after a computer shutdown or
> power failure?
>

> Thanks in advance!
>
> Jeremie
>
> --