Hi everyone.

I just have a quick best practice question.
I want to set a Link property on a class instance. I have the RID of the
link target as a string. The naive approach would look like this.

'INSERT INTO MyClass SET myLink = ' + itemId

(I can't use a parameter, because Oriento (wisely) escapes all input strings)

The trouble is, the the value for itemId comes in form of a user input over
the internet. So I think a saver way would be to do it like this:

insert into MyClass set myLink = (select from OtherClass where @rid = :itemId)

Unfortunately params in sub queries don't work currently, so I resort to
building the sub query with Oriento and adding it as a string.

But what is you general take on this? Is there a better way to do it?

Cheers

Georg