That's pretty strange, I cannot exclude it's a bug.
The first thing I can suggest is to upgrade to v 2.2.37 (or plan a
migration to 3.0), that has a lot of fixes compared to 2.2.30 and has a
more fine grained memory management.
Then, if you have a chance to share some logs from the server, probably we
can find some more information about this problem

Thanks

Luigi