________________________________
 From: A.M. van de Beek <mizura...@free.fr>

> Do you have such a model that you remember fondly, because of a linked memory?

---------------------------------

Yes, I do remember when in grade school, in the late 1950's, someone came into
the classroom of either 5th or 6th grade (remember we were the baby boomers, so
it was a very large class without aides), and we were taught the German Bell
and German Star.  The Bell does, however, use g**e.  I made lots of them.  It
was years later, when I learned the crane, that I realized the CP was the same!
 The German Star was frustrating to me, as I did not have a way to get the
strips of paper required.  Many years later, I found directions, in  something
like 4 easy steps as a side panel in a magazine.  I had paper cut at Kinko's,
yet, it is easy to make mistakes in the folding that looks ok, until later.  My
daughter was able to help out.  Then at our library's sale, I purchased a used
book of Christmas customs from around the world.  It included the German Star,
with, thankfully, a few more directions.  It was great to find for
real diagrams, as I had
 made my own attempt at diagramming.  (Not my thing).

I had always made paper planes out of our church bulletin, as the paper was
11x17, and a bit heavier than my school notebook paper.  I also knew the
newspaper hat, turned into boat, however I do not remember where I first
learned either of those.

Kathy Knapp,
Peoria, Illinois, USA
Do well your part today. - Juliette Gordon Low