On 4/11/2013 12:57 AM, Tavin wrote:
I would like to ask the fellow members of the list: with what name do
you know that kind of paper? Is >there a popular name? Thank you : )

I suspect he is talking about cellulose acetate, which can sometimes be bought in sheets at commercial printers in the US. Dickblick.com also
carries it.

Chemically, it's usually made from wood pulp. The chemical & casting process from cellulose to cellulose acetate is too complex to go into here, but it is transparent and tends to crease. I haven't tested it for folding compared to other thin, clear plastic sheets, but I'm sure the thickness of the material will play some part in how easily it can be worked with!

Monica Jones, who uses a particular type of cellulose acetate for making batteries....