> Let's pretend someone got a hold of a bootlegged, unlicensed ebook of one
> of your books (or diagram collections). Assuming the item is available for
> sale (but maybe not in this format), would it be acceptable to pay the
> author directly for the copy, if that venue of communication were available?

Let's not be naive in the first place and think that someone who obtain a
bootlegged copy really intends to pay the author or anybody for that matter!  I
don't know of any such Mother Teresa...

That, I think, trumps any other discussion in this matter.

Meenakshi

Have you visited my modular origami website? http://www.origamee.net