Hi Everyone:

Karen Reeds wrote:

> Not a lot of origami, but the whole event sounds like a lot of fun, and the
> gardens should be beautiful!
>
> Karen   4/22/2014
>  Karen Reeds
> karenmre...@gmail.com
>
> ==========
>
> http://www.bbg.org/visit/event/sakura_matsuri_2014
> Sakura Matsuri weekend
> Saturday, April 26?Sunday, April 27 | 10 a.m.?6 p.m.

For Saturday, April 26th, the OMG NYC meet up group has announced a Brooklyn
Origami Pals meet up at the Sakura Matsuri, 1-4pm. Visit our webpage for
details and let us know if you'll join us.
http://www.meetup.com/omgnyc/events/172757332/

Last year's festival meet up was perfect, sunny and comfortable under a
beautiful canopy of cherry blossoms in the Cherry Esplanade. This year's event
looks like it will also be a winner, although the blossoms are being a little
reluctant. We'll fold various cherry blossoms, flowers, birds, butterflies and
all things Spring. We'll also hand out origami models that have been
languishing at home to spread the origami joy to the public, as well as
informally teaching models.

To see what it looked like last year, check out last year's fun.
http://www.meetup.com/omgnyc/photos/14518652/#228882942

So join us for a wondrous afternoon of folding fun.

Cheers,
Talo Kawasaki