Hi,

I'm currently writing an article about names in origami. That got me
thinking about the traditional model the waterbomb (is it one or two
words?). I learned about that model when I was really young, although I
didn't learn how to fold it for many many years. Anyway, When I learned
about it I was told it was called the inflatable cube.

There's a BIG difference between an inflatable cube and a waterbomb. Only
the second one describes itself as an instrument used as a one time toy for
wetting people. Why is that it's "official" name? Was it commonly used like
that when it was originally created? Is that currently it's most common
use? I must confess I've never seen a person filling it with water and
throwing it to someone else.

So in a nutshell, where does the waterbomb name come from, in the case of
the traditional origami ,and what made the name so popular?

I really hope a couple of you can help me out. History of origami is a
REALLY interesting topic!

PS: I wish I could also ask David.