Hey everyone,
Today I was thinking back to a very cool puzzle that was in my friend's house
during my high school years.
My friend's grandmother was a really amazing artist who explored the geometry of octagons. And in his living room, he had this unbelievably cool puzzle/coffee table, which his grandmother had designed and fabricated. Looking back on it. I
think this table had a big influence on my origami life.
Please take a look at this puzzle/table, which I was able to refind through the
magic of the Internet.
[http://www.florencesiegel.com] http://www.florencesiegel.com [http://www.florencesiegel.com] click the puzzle link on the left to see it, and the octamandalagon link to see more. The pieces of the puzzle are basically all of shapes that can be produced by subtracting squares or diamonds from a regular octagon. The set of pieces can
be tiled in a variety of ways to produce a much larger octagon.
Here's a paper all about them: http://bobbyroe.com/fs/Transformations_Siegel.pdf
That is all.
-Seth Sent using CloudMagic Email
[https://cloudmagic.com/k/d/mailapp?ct=ti&cv=7.4.14&pv=8.1&source=email_footer_2]