> I have been given a new challenge this time: a week-long (M-F), 2 to
> 3-hour per day "origami camp." I don't have a roster yet, but the kids will
> likely be 4th to 6th grade. In addition to scheduling the origami
> curriculum, I can break up the afternoon with a recess and a snack.
> My first thought (after "YIKES!")

Dawn - YIKES! is right! :-)

I've never done a day-camp, but I had an origami club at my kids elementary
school for about 4 years (3rd to 5th grades). We'd meet once a week for a
couple of hours for a grading period of 8 weeks. Normally what I would do
is start very easy - I would always have some new kids. Then I would do
bases - concentrate on the preliminary base, or the waterbomb, for a
meeting or two, and fold several models using that base. After that I would
go to a different base, then more difficult things like petal folds and
squashes, rabbit ears and sinks ... then some modulars.

The thing that was hardest for me was remembering that what was easy for me
to fold wasn't always that easy for the kids to fold.

It was generally pretty fun though.

Dee