Hi David,

Last year we did a research project in Kyoto with Kyoto Institute of
Technology. One of the researchers there investigated something about the
origin of the crane, or the multi-crane usage, I forget what it was exactly.
It's in Japanese and I have yet to pay for a proper translation of all their
essays.

When I do, I'll forward you the information.

Best, Matthew