Greetings from the 50th anniversary BOS convention!

I'm having a great time here, but luckily found some time to send you an
update on which new videos are available on my YouTube channel. Who else is
awake at 4 a.m., after all? :)

1. Tutorial: Harp Seal Pup (Quentin Trollip)
I was very pleased to hear about Quentin Trollip's new book "Origami Works
of Quentin Trollip" (
http://www.happyfolding.com/book-trollip-origami_works_of_quentin_trollip
), as I deeply appreciate his wonderful work. I was even more excited when
Quentin and the publishers from Origami House graciously granted me
permission to present one model from this fantastic book. Thank you!
It was hard to pick a model from the multitude of fantastic animal designs,
but in the end I fell in love with this cute harp seal pup, which you may
have already admired on Quentin's Flickr stream:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/12043525@N04/12884747754

Picture of my fold:
http://www.happyfolding.com/gallery-trollip-harp_pup_seal
Video on happyfolding:
http://www.happyfolding.com/instructions-trollip-harp_seal_pup
Video on YouTube: https://youtu.be/wbdhUSeivpc

If you don't have the book yet, I hope you enjoy this small sneak peek. And
especially if you like folding origami animals, in my opinion "Origami
Works of Quentin Trollip" is a must-have!

2. Tutorial: Snail (Shiri Daniel)
In my continued effort to revisit models I presented when I started my
channel, I'm happy to also share a new tutorial for a wonderful,
3-dimensional snail designed by Shiri Daniel.

Picture of my fold: http://www.happyfolding.com/gallery-daniel-snail_2
Video on happyfolding: http://www.happyfolding.com/instructions-daniel-snail
Video on YouTube: https://youtu.be/5Kv4Ywmcyng

You can also download diagrams at
http://www.happyfolding.com/files/Daniel-Snail.pdf
Plus, if you have a way of contacting Shiri Daniel, you would do me a great
service if you could help me out reconnect. While we corresponded some time
back, my recent efforts to find her new email address have failed. I would
love to share with her this updated video.
And for a blast from the past, you can of course also check out my old
tutorial: http://www.happyfolding.com/instructions-daniel-snail-2007 or
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5C6471D14E18BB8C
I hope you agree the new video is just a tad bit better.

3. Time lapse and ASMR video: High Density Hydrangea Tiles by Shuzo
Fujimoto and Peter Budai
I had already previously folded the high density tiling of Shuzo Fujimoto's
hydrangea in the past, but those were first 4 tiles (
http://www.happyfolding.com/gallery-fujimoto-hydrangea_tiling ) and then 6
tiles ( http://www.happyfolding.com/gallery-fujimoto-hydrangea_tiling_2 ).
In August, I decided to fold 9 tiles and recorded myself while doing so.
One sheet of 40cm Origamido paper (
http://www.happyfolding.com/paper-review_origamido ) and 4 hours later,
this was the result:
http://www.happyfolding.com/gallery-fujimoto-9_hydrangea_tiles

And here are the related videos:
Time-lapse (4 minutes):
Video on happyfolding:
http://www.happyfolding.com/animation-fujimoto_budai-high_density_hydrangea_tiles
Video on YouTube: https://youtu.be/20swjKGz91s

ASMR (4 hours):
Video on happyfolding:
http://www.happyfolding.com/asmr-fujimoto_budai-high_density_hydrangea_tiles
Video on YouTube: https://youtu.be/oAq6ILDcdpY

Incidentally, I also have an older time-lapse of when I folded the tiling
with 6 molecules:
Video on happyfolding:
http://www.happyfolding.com/animation-fujimoto-tiled_hydrangea
Video on YouTube: https://youtu.be/oWXpCZl8-bM

Plus, in case these videos have whet your appetite to fold the hydrangea
again, here's a quick pointer to my tutorial on how to fold the basic
hydrangea:
Video on happyfolding:
http://www.happyfolding.com/instructions-fujimoto-hydrangea
Video on YouTube: https://youtu.be/zu5F0Hmd3ZA

A guide on how to tile this design is available in Peter Budai's fantastic
guide: http://dev.origami.org/images_pdf/patternedtiles.pdf

Have fun watching the videos and if you're at the BOS convention, too, see
you in a couple of hours. :)

-- Sara