I asked:

Jose Ignacio Royo wrote:

> Two come up to mind. Both of them look clean, plain-faced and are quite
> solid:
>
> 1) In David Mitchell's "Mathematical Origami" there's an icosahedron
> by Tomoko Fuse which fits your description. Five modules.
>
> 2) There's another icosahedron by Tomoko Fuse with those
> characteristics in an Origami Tanteidan Magazine, some  (eight?) years
> ago. I cannot check the exact number now.

I still haven't been able to find David Mitchell's book, but I searched
Gilad Aharoni's webpage and found Icosahedrons by Tomoko Fuse diagrammed in
Tanteidan magazine 111. I tried the first one, the lock is ok but there are
6 faces that are half of one module and half from other and there are 2
faces that are composed of the 3 modules, so it's not what I'm looking for.

I'm struggling with the second icosahedron on the same magazine also by T.
Fuse but from the diagram I can see there are 2 faces that are composed of
the 3 modules. It seems like it's very difficult to get the plain faces.

--
Jorge Jaramillo