> Laura writes:
>
> That explains my instinctive rejection to Golden Venture modeling.
> However, why is that kusudama and other modular construction like the
> so-called wire frames are so well and widely accepted amongst origami
> paperfolders -orthodox paperfolders included ;) ?

With kusudama and wireframes, folding still plays a large part influencing
the final structure.  If you change the folding angles, the design will
either not work, or could look wholly different.  If you're making
tetrahedra, you need 60 degree angles, which are achieved by folding aka
origami.  If you fold the wrong angles (like 90 degrees) you end up with a
different shape (like a cube).  With Golden Venture, if you're making a
tetrahedron, the shape is not achieved by the folding, but by the stacking
of units.  The same units stacked differently can produce different shapes.

--
Win