Alain Joisel (Eric’s brother) sent out this notice that one of Eric’s works has
been 3D-scanned. It’s pretty impressive; follow the link. And there will be a
new exhibition of Eric’s work in 2018. Enjoy!

Robert

Thus spake "Alain Joisel" <snip> on 10/10/17, 3:20 AM:

Dear All,

Eric left us seven years ago. To evoke his memory on this occasion, I propose
you to go see his dwarf going out of a box "Out of Geometry" which was scanned
in 3D and put online as part of the 3D Virtual Museum project in
Poitou-Charentes under development.
The goblin is already available at
https://sketchfab.com/models/243cf3fd72dc4a3dac11a9fa251ab731
Using the mouse you can look at it from all angles and even make Eric's
signature appear below the box! To enjoy it, use the "full screen" mode. Click
1 or 2 to access the comments. If your mouse has a roulette wheel you can also
zoom. In addition, the link to the leaflet
http://www.alienor.org/collections-des-musees/fiche-objet-146340-origami
Other information :
- The exhibition "Secrets de Papier" at the Maison de la Magie in Blois will be
extended during our holidays of All Saints' Day (Oct. 21 - Nov. 5).
- The Musée du Papier d'Angoulême will celebrate its 30th anniversary and will
be hosting an origami exhibition as a reminder of the exhibition Éric Joisel,
the magician of origami, which was a real success in 2012 (dates scheduled for
May 18 to December 30, 2018).
You can forward...
With my best wishes to each of you

Alain