About 8 years ago I designed a series of polyhedron called "Flippy-Faced
Polyhedron".  Recently I have been folding a special cover to hold one of these
shapes into position.   One of my covers is a shape that consists of sixteen
faces. For now I am identifying the shape as a "Sunk Octahedral Bipyramid".
Perhaps you might suggest a more correct name for this basic shape?

Second the method to fold this cover shape is very simple - perhaps too simple
not to have been designed by someone else.  Could you help me figure out who
might have folded this shape before?

No-one has challenged the originality of the Flippy-Faced Polyhedron (so far).
I am trying to determine who created the much simpler cover design so that I
can get permission to continue to use this design in my videos.

Here are a few links to where you can see my creations:

https://youtu.be/PqpfeBeTDbg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/firstfold/38364479041/in/dateposted-friend/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99wTBHTnLiY&t=7s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99wTBHTnLiY&t=7s