----- Mensaje de origami-requ...@lists.digitalorigami.com ---------

From: "Gerardo @neorigami.com" <gera...@neorigami.com>
I'm trying to measure the length, width, and height of a fold of mine. It
basically has the shape of prism with a kite base. The thing is I'm
confused about which two points correspond to length and which two
correspond to width.

Dear Gerardo:

The base of your prism is a convex deltoid or kite.
The best way to describe a kite is to give the length of both diagonals (minor and major). Length and width are appropriate parameters to fully describe a rectangle, but not a kite. Should the base be an ellipse, you would have to give the length of both diameters, and if it were a circle, the radius or the diameter.

Hope this helps.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
JOSE IGNACIO ROYO PRIETO
Matematika Aplikatua Saila
University of the Basque Country UPV/EHU
Pza. Ingeniero Torres Quevedo, 1
48013 Bilbao
SPAIN
Phone: 00 34 946013987