Hi everyone!

spring seems to have just in Germany, and I hope many of you out there are
also able to enjoy a bit more sun after the winter. Easter last week was
still mixed with snow and hail, but it did not dampen our moods. We even
managed to do an egg hunt outside. :)
I also took the opportunity to share online some personal news on a special
little one that's not quite ready to hatch - I'm happily expecting my third
son! He's due in 10 weeks, so we're pretty excited already! You can also
see a 3D ultrasound pic on my Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/happyfolding/posts/10156514342175864 or on
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/AdamsSara/community
I'm sharing this with all of you, not just because it is obviously super
important to me, but also because it will likely impact my uploads in the
coming months. But no worries, I do plan to continue making origami videos
for you, and if I skip a weekly video here or there, there's always plenty
of videos I posted in the past that you can revisit.

Having said that, I do have lots of new videos to announce today. :)

1. Modular "Hex Wheel" bi Ira Fine
As of today, there's a tutorial for a wonderful, geometric modular designed
by Ira Fine available. It features the "Hex Wheel" or Hexa-Octahedron. Even
more, though, you can fold other wire-frame models with just minor
adjustments. For example, by changing the 120 degree angle used in some of
the modules to 135 degrees, and folding some additional modules, you can
get an Octa Wheel instead. So I hope you don't just enjoy the tutorial, but
also explore other structures and experiment a bit.

Picture of my fold: https://www.happyfolding.com/gallery-fine-hex_wheel
Time-lapse: https://youtu.be/-MJI94vCMRI or
https://www.happyfolding.com/animation-fine-hex_wheel
Tutorial: https://youtu.be/0MfqrMi294I or
https://www.happyfolding.com/instructions-fine-hex_wheel

Thanks to Ira for sharing this fold with me, and for letting me make this
tutorial for all of you! Also check out Ira's Flickr stream
https://www.flickr.com/photos/sunmaid1 which includes many beautiful folds,
including some fantastic ones of the Hex Wheel and variants with other
angles.

2. Silent Tutorials for an origami exhibit
There is currently an origami exhibit "Kannste knicken?" ("Can you fold?")
at the Phänomenta Flensburg, a science museum that concentrates on inviting
visitors to explore and experiment themselves. You can find out more here:
http://www.phaenomenta-flensburg.de/zusatzangebote/kannste-knicken/ - and
in case you're in the area: on April 14th starting at 1pm a bunch of
members from Origami Deutschland will join the exhibit and help visitors
fold some models.
To enable visitors to give origami a go throughout, I produced some silent
tutorials for simple models. These are also part of the exhibit to
encourage people to try and fold something. If you don't have the
opportunity to visit the exhibit itself, you can at least get a glimpse of
the interactive part by taking a look at the videos online:

Playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzWZXuW4WQWCwChaPXaStiGFvqNqKXKs3
Videos on happyfolding:
https://www.happyfolding.com/instructions-tutorial-crane
https://www.happyfolding.com/instructions-tutorial-triangular_pyramid
https://www.happyfolding.com/instructions-tutorial-froebel_square_1
https://www.happyfolding.com/instructions-tutorial-froebel_square_2
https://www.happyfolding.com/instructions-tutorial-froebel_square_3
https://www.happyfolding.com/instructions-tutorial-froebel_square_4
https://www.happyfolding.com/instructions-tutorial-froebel_square_5

The models were selected to for one complement an exhibit of 1000 cranes
(classic), and to provide models that visitors can attach to a magnetic
board (self-adhesive magnets are provided) and rearrange to form different
patterns. The exhibition organiser happily shared with me that many
hundreds of sheets of paper were folded in the first days already, and I
saw first pictures that show the colourful results, too. So I'm really
happy I could contribute in this way!

3. Daffodil (Assia Brill)
For Easter, I posted a tutorial for Assia's beautiful daffodil (or
narcissus). It's of course a wonderful model all year round, but I think
it's especially nice to fold to welcome spring. Especially in case winter's
not quite ready to go in your part of the world yet, perhaps fold a few to
brighten up the room. Or celebrate the first blooming flowers with some
paper ones to bring that spring feeling inside, too.

Picture of my fold: https://www.happyfolding.com/gallery-
brill_assia-daffodil
Time-lapse: https://youtu.be/xVGDlMvwa2c or
https://www.happyfolding.com/instructions-brill-daffodil
Tutorial: https://youtu.be/uz6SENB-Lqg or
https://www.happyfolding.com/animation-brill-daffodil
Diagrams: https://brilliantorigami.com/diagrams/#jp-carousel-1479

Thanks again to Assia and Dave for their wonderful work, which I continue
to immensely enjoy over the years. Assia's daffodil has been a favourite of
mine for many years, so it was a special pleasure to make a video for it
now.

And with that I wish you all a great weekend and, of course, as always,
happy folding!

-- Sara