>I now have a new related question, which I hope you guys can help me with:
>Have convention books published articles or have they always published
>solely diagrams and crease patterns? If they have, can you please provide
>any examples?

I agree with Robert Lang and Dave Venables on publishing with the
monthly magazines/blogs that OUSA and BOS has. They're always looking
for content of interest.

Convention books on the whole only publish solely diagrams and crease
patterns, because those are used as Origami diagram collections, and
not necessarily article/journal pieces. Which is filled by the
magazines and online blogs that The Fold and British Origami does on a
monthly basis. I am thinking about Menerode which is the Dutch
Conventions annual publication that only publishes diagrams, as well
as JOA and NOA, because they all have annual convention collections,
as well as monthly magazines. The only origami collection that
collects and publish academic articles recently is OSME and COET '91
https://www.amazon.com/dp/1530082137/?tag=a-fwdnua-20

-Linda