Hello Fellow Folders:

Announcing the 37K Orange Origami Cranes for Gun Violence Awareness project,
due May 1, 2019. Over 37,000 people lost their lives in the U.S. due to gun
violence in 2016. By folding orange origami cranes, we’ll be remembering those
people, with a color that speaks out against gun violence and with a symbol of
hope and healing.

Every orange crane folded is an action. A moment of contemplation. An
opportunity for conversation. And 37,000 cranes will help us imagine what a
tragedy this number means.

Since orange is the color of National Gun Violence Awareness, please make your
cranes with orange paper, orange patterns or orange specks, or even with a
message written in orange. Any size: tiny or oversized, although most are
currently being made with 3 or 6 inch squares.

The completed cranes should be sent to: Orange Origami Cranes, PO Box 246,
Gloucester, MA 01931. The cranes will ship more easily kept flat but fully open
cranes are welcome. Deadline: May 1, 2019, in preparation of the month of
National Gun Violence Awareness in June.

For more information, you can visit Amanda Cook’s blog dedicated to the project
or the supporting coalition sites for gun violence awareness.
https://orangeorigamicranes.blogspot.com
<https://orangeorigamicranes.blogspot.com/>/
https://wearorange.org/ <https://wearorange.org/>
https://momsdemandaction.org/ <https://momsdemandaction.org/>

We found out about all this at one of our weekly origami meet ups, and many of
our NYC group will be supporting this effort. We hope you will too.

Talo Kawasaki
OMG/NYC