Dear Folding Friends,
Registration is open for the 2018 Fall Origami Connect Events brought to you by
a dedicated group of volunteers from OrigamiUSA!

We will again offer the fantastic bargain of buy 3 get 1 free!  The current fee
is $10 per event. You must register before the first event to receive this
bargain.

We are pleased to present the following events:
September 22 & 23rd:  Ryu Zin, Jr 2.1. This is a two day event with Jason Ku!

In Session 1, Jason will talk about growing up with origami, his evolving
growth in origami design, running OrigaMIT, and more. During Session 2, Jason
will teach his amazing convention ‘hit’ model, Ryu Zin 2.1.
Inspired by Satoshi Kamiya's ultra-complex model, this model is a substantially
simplified version of a baby eastern dragon, considerably shorter and less
detailed. Students should have experience folding box-pleated models from
crease patterns.
If you can’t attend both or all the session, you will receive the recording
link after the event.

October 27: Cube Box with Drawers. Learn the popular convention model (created
by Akiko Yamanashi) taught by Deb Pun.

Join us welcoming a fantastic teacher, Deb Pun, who will teach this clever and
popular model taught by Akiko Yamanashi at the recent OrigamiUSA convention in
June. Although Akiko has a similar model in her recent book, this model is not
yet published and has some clever paper ratios.

November 17:  Stella taught by Evan Zodl

Join Evan Zodl and learn his original model, Stella. Evan is an origami artist,
surf photographer, and software engineer. He has been folding paper for over 13
years, and in an effort to share his passion with the world, he began making
instructional origami videos on YouTube in 2008. Since that time, he has taught
origami to millions of people around the globe through his videos. In 2009, he
began designing his own unique models inspired by fractals, spirals, and
recursive patterns found in nature. We are excited to have Evan be a presenter
on Origami Connect this fall!

December 16: Lillian’s First Lesson and Teaching Tips taught by Jan Polish.

Lillian Oppenheimer was famous for teaching beginners and encouraging them to
continue in origami. Lillian was the woman that popularized origami in the
United States.  She developed her First Lesson using models that were easy to
teach and easy to fold, and which increased origami skill-building and
self-esteem. In this class, Jan will teach you the simple models Lillian loved
and show you the best ways to teach them to others.

As always if you sign up for the event, you will have access to the recording
of the live event after.

If you haven’t tried Origami Connect, please give us a try.  If you have we
hope to see you back for another great season.  We appreciate the donation of
time and talent from our great presenters.  We hope to see you in September for
our first session!

Kind regards,
Patty Grodner
On behalf of Origami Connect