Hi everyone,

yes, it happened! Last month the 100.000st person subscribed to my channel.
Yay! Of course, I appreciate all of your support, irrespective of whether
you're subscribed or not, but hitting this milestone is still a cool show
of how I can help promote origami and the wonderful community surrounding
it.

To celebrate the occasion, I had a bit of fun and folded my own silver play
button, replicating a reward YouTubers who reach this milestone get.
And of course I recorded myself, so that you can enjoy watching the process
in a time-lapse here: https://youtu.be/bbsWdMaSbhQ or
https://www.happyfolding.com/animation-origami_silver_play_button
There's of course also a pic on my website:
https://www.happyfolding.com/gallery-nakashima-play_button
Or, if you'd prefer to see my first reaction on reaching 100.000
subscribers for my channel, check out https://youtu.be/6nTp5LuNF58 or
https://www.happyfolding.com/vlog-100k_subscribers
Finn, my youngest (now 3 months old), reacted, too. :)

And of course I produced new tutorials and time-lapses for you to enjoy.

1. 1-Cube Exercise by Alessandro Beber
After many hours of work, I'm pleased to present to you a tutorial on the
"1-Cube Exercise" by Alessandro Beber. It's taken from the book "Origami
New Worlds", which I can highly recommend, but I do show my take on how to
fold the model. In particular, the video includes a different approach to
precreasing, supported by progressive crease patterns.

Photo: https://www.happyfolding.com/gallery-beber-1_cube_exercise_2
Tutorial: https://youtu.be/PqhVIIbkK5o or
https://www.happyfolding.com/instructions-beber-1_cube_exercise
Time-Lapse: https://youtu.be/Pdr6hctBhTo or
https://www.happyfolding.com/animation-beber-1_cube_exercise-2018

Thanks to Alessandro for his wonderful book, his permission to make this
video available to all of you, and all his wonderful contributions. I
posted some info on the book at
https://www.happyfolding.com/book-beber-origami_new_worlds (including where
to buy links for both the printed and the pdf copy). You can also view more
of his stunning work at https://www.flickr.com/photos/ale_beber_origami and
https://www.facebook.com/AleBeberOrigamiDesign

2. "Standing Jack" by Francesco Mancini
It's that time of the year where pumpkins aren't just carved and consumed,
but also folded! Two years ago Francesco Mancini designed and published
diagrams for a fun jack o'lantern. And now you can also fold it - and some
variations - following my video tutorial.

Photo: https://www.happyfolding.com/gallery-mancini-standing_jack
Tutorial: https://youtu.be/TQ1HWcNgOhQ or
https://www.happyfolding.com/instructions-mancini-standing_jack
Time-Lapse: https://youtu.be/rVCmiaoa_0g or
https://www.happyfolding.com/animation-mancini-standing_jack

Thank you, Francesco, for a fun and simple model, diagrams (in TheFold:
https://origamiusa.org/thefold/article/diagrams-standing-jack) and your
permission to produce a video on it. For more of Francesco's fantastic
work, check out his Flickr stream: https://www.flickr.com/photos/mancinerie/

3. Preview: "Standing Witch" by Francesco Mancini
If you're looking for more great Halloween models, you'll be happy to hear
that I'll post a tutorial on Francesco's "Standing Witch" on October 20th
2018.
Photo: https://www.happyfolding.com/gallery-mancini-standing_witch
This time I have to be extra thankful, as Francesco didn't just give me
permission to make a tutorial on the model - he designed it in response to
a challenge I set him. Diagrams will be available soon, too.

Plus, here's a fun idea if you're hosting a Halloween party: fold standing
witches and jacks and use them as place cards or food labels.
Pro tip: depending on paper choice, the standing witch can also be a
standing wizard.

And of course you can revisit one of my Halloween-themed tutorials from
previous years:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzWZXuW4WQWA7z_Un95D-94yoDqsbFYx8 -
there's owls, cats, witches, bats, skulls and spiders waiting to join your
cute and scary folds.

Happy folding and soon trick-or-treating,

-- Sara