dear o-listers,

Firstly, thanks to many of you who gave periodic advice and opinions when I
queried the list. Each time was most helpful and insightful, and I often
omitted to thank everyone for their thoughts, so please consider yourself most
graciously thanked!

By way of thanks and for general interest, here a link to the thesis free for
download:

http://hdl.handle.net/1959.13/1397831

From there you can download the thesis free of charge, all compressed its only
20MB, I suggest a large volume of caffeinated beverage if you plan on serious
reading. If you are practically minded, skip to the latter part of the thesis,
therein lies the fun stuff, namely the two techniques that propelled the later
research, Fold Printing in chapter 6. and Fold Mapping in chapter 5.

It was very much a practical doctorate, I spent most of my time making systems
for origami, designing processes and creating prototypes. Normally this type of
document would have been shorter as creative disciplines allow an exhibition as
part of the assessable outcomes. However, I really wanted the PhD to leave a
strong trace for others to follow and extend upon, so I embarked on the more
formal thesis approach. I do hope some of you find it of value to your own
work. There are also many videos that accompany chapter 7 (the creative
outcomes), so please enjoy them!

best, Matthew