I have added a new page to the history section of my Origami Heaven website
about paperfolding in Mad magazine in the 1960's - see
http://www.origamiheaven.com/historymadmagazine.htm

The series of subscriptions adverts featuring origami by Giuseppi Baggi that
ran from April 1967 to September 1968 are the earliest adverts I know of that
use origami to promote something that is not paperfolding related.

I hope, however, that some of you may know of other earlier examples. If you
do, please let me know.

I would also be interested to know if you can identify any of the designs as
being by anyone other than Giuseppi Baggi. I think the peacocks may be by
Yoshizawa, for instance?

Thanks for your help

Dave