When I fold corner to corner I make a diagonal fold and I have created a
diagonal crease. When instructing I can tell them to fold corners to corners,
or to make the diagonals.

When I fold side to side I make a book fold and I have created a ... what? When
instructing I can tell them to fold sides to sides, or to make the ... what?
Certainly not the books :-)

When making each of these steps, I get the diagonal cross and the ... what ...
cross?

In Danish I call them “diagonalfolder” and “tværfolder”, where “tværs” means
across, and I get a “diagonalkryds” and a “tværkryds” where “kryds” means cross.

That is, I do not know, in English, the name of the crease that goes from the
centre of one edge to the centre of the opposite edge. And I do not know the
name of the cross made from two of those creases.

I hope somebody can clear up this terminology for me.

Best regards,
     Hans

Hans Dybkjær
papirfoldning.dk