A friend taught me how to make the following models. They're very popular
on the web. I've known about them for years. I want to find out their
respective name and creator because I wish to give them away and it's
important for me to write that down on the folds.

Thank you in advance.

This is like a pencil holder. The model needs glue
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/ZXtvbOtlYacIb-14WBvNogznzaLdAkxeckHHgKrbHpLzNRT51Yd7UwYPh1OFttHe0EIlL0E6RBSuL3yHxVjHTwCW0n2q4qfa-gZJPTF42Gy-KYtzaSQhH_T371Buv_XBvDQCWtYKdw=w2400

And this is like a spinning top. It uses three sheets
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/HX13ob2iEnhKk8QP1f3rGaGyOpkdTZ0v9sO6dKBYftuYt_QRR3bCz9klpvdIihjf8XrPF_l9Za40jqeXmJneTsmlBS-kZB10Y3Bk21QomVY7LPJyJpwgIdLCtIrDRUaGzEAO07J6XA=w2400

According to the following webpage it is " a variation by Reiko Aso of the
Blooming Flower by Taichiro Hasegawa" (citing Kathy Knapp). Can you please
confirm me if this is true or not? If so, can you please tell me if this
variation has a name?