Hi Laura,

According to NOA's website, each number  "1" is regarded as one side of
square, therefore Nov. 11th (11th day of 11th month) is the Origami Day in
Japan.  Nov. 11th is also the World Peace Memorial Day (when the World War
I Treaty of 1918 was signed), which aligns with the peaceful practice of
origami.

https://www.origami-noa.jp/%E3%81%8A%E3%82%8A%E3%81%8C%E3%81%BF%E3%81%AB%E3%81%A4%E3%81%84%E3%81%A6/%E3%81%8A%E3%82%8A%E3%81%8C%E3%81%BF%E3%81%AE%E6%97%A5/
<https://rb.tc/4-0N5#https://www.origami-noa.jp/%E3%81%8A%E3%82%8A%E3%81%8C%E3%81%BF%E3%81%AB%E3%81%A4%E3%81%84%E3%81%A6/%E3%81%8A%E3%82%8A%E3%81%8C%E3%81%BF%E3%81%AE%E6%97%A5/>

It's also the Pocky Day in Japan (each "1" regarded as a Pocky stick).

Yuki