I wanted to share some personal good news with you all, instead of my usual
(and constant) questions ; )

An art gallery is showcasing four of my folds on their Facebook page! It's
the first time ever a place like this shows some interest in my work =D

https://www.facebook.com/CartaAbiertaG/posts/3392408920853252

https://www.facebook.com/CartaAbiertaG/posts/3399018540192290

This is my comment—which accompanies the four folds—translated to English:

«"Landscape", "Being Sumapaz", "The Mass Production of Members of Society"
and "Sculpting a Crane" raise a question about folding paper: Can this
traditional and mundane practice communicate something about nature,
relationships, power, and the arts? The four pieces emerged from a concern
regarding the potential of the folding practice to move away from
representation and closer to the conceptual-metaphorical. They reveal the
spell of paper, a material that has led me to express and form emotional
ties with it, with folding, people, and the world in general.»

I wanted to ask you a favor if it's OK with you. It would be really helpful
to me as an origamist if a few of you post a comment on any of the two
Facebook posts. What would you say about the four folds I made (good and
bad)? I would like to bring a little more attention to the posts; that's
why I ask you this favor. And yes... it's perfectly OK to make the comment
in English.

You know what?... What happened is a very big deal to me as an origamist : )

--
Gerardo
gerardo(a)neorigami.com