Here are a few impactful, significant models:

1.      The traditional crane and
2.      The flapping bird,

I find are the most authentic pieces of origami.  Their history is longer
than many models and their meaning is profound.

3.      I have never folded Robert Lang's Cuckoo Clock since I do not fold
complex models, but I have always been impressed with it and many complex
folder dedicate a lot of their tine to folding it.  I have seen it in
progress; it was fascinating.  The result is fun to look at and it is
shocking that it is just a single piece of paper
4.      Wensdy Whitehead's word folding is another.  At the oversized
folding competition in 2009, I believe, we folded the word "ORIGAMI".  She
also folded "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" for one sheet of really
long paper!

Lisa B. Corfman

Origami Place

Discover paperfolding, materials galore!