I shared with you a picture of origami tato and asked for their names and
to please confirm if they were all traditional or not. Thanks to Mathew
Green, I now know that according to the book “Secrets of Origami” (1971) by
Robert Harvin, the one on the bottom of the picture is attributed to Akira
Yoshizawa and titled "Novelty purse".

I wanted to ask you, is there any reason for me to think the book is wrong?
I own a copy of "Complete Origami" (1987) by Eric Kenneway. It has diagrams
for that same tato but the book doesn't attribute it to anyone. That's why
I wanted to ask.

The one on the top of the picture I shared yesterday, is declared a
traditional model according to, once again, "Secrets of Origami" by Harbin.
It's named "Japanese Purse", so I assume many simply call it tato. I can
imagine someone translating "tato" to "Japanese purse".

And I still need help with the tato in the middle of the picture. Might one
of you know if they have specific names other than simply "tato"? Also, are
they both traditional models? Or, if they aren't, who created each one?

Thank you in advance.

*--*

*Gerardo G.*
gerardo(a)neorigami.com