Hans wrote:

>I believe the most extensive attempt at collecting "traditional models" is
>that of David Petty:
>http://britishorigami.info/academic/davidpetty//index.htm. For all I know, he
>is right about that list

Dave's methodology in creating this list was to look through books and to
include anything that the author had designated traditional. Clearly, if
mistakes were made in the original work, then they are perpetuated in his list.
As far as I know he did not attempt any verification of the information.

Most of the mistakes I have found relate to the geographical origin of the
designs. The Magazine Cover Box, for instance, is designated as Japanese,
although the evidence suggests that it is German in origin.

Dave (yes, another one)