Hi Lorenzo-

Thanks for your thoughts. I'm one of the WOD team members, and we have struggled with this very issue. The "compromise" seems to be everyone being annoyed a little. WOD is a joint effort with JOAS (Japan Origami Academic Society) and we "favored" Japan in our time choice. Sadly, to present a world wide conference there is no convenient time for everyone. The solution we presented is the beginning of the work day in Japan, end of the workday in the US, and sadly middle of the night for Europe.  I appreciate your suggestion, but your solution moves the middle of the night to Japan and that's a non-starter for the sponsor.   Unlike other events, we do not prerecord sessions, so the recording is the actual stream. I'm very sorry that recordings are not a good solution for you and I wish we could solve this issue to everyone's satisfaction, but not at this time.

Thank your for comments.

Happy Folding

Mary Drews