Anyone interested in the history of tessellations might want to read this (though it doesn’t include the one described by Jorge).

On 24 May 2023, at 08:13, Julia Palffy <juliapal...@gmail.com> wrote:

Geometry and tessellations are much older than Pompeii.
This is one of eight combinations called Archimedean tessellations or semi-regular tessellations. You can look them up on the Wolfram Mathworld website.

Regards,

Julia