Dear fellow folders,

I hope this email finds you well!

Lindy van der Merwe and I, Ilan Garibi, with the help of Michael Shannon,
started a project to create a hub for Visually Impaired Persons (VIPs,
thanks to Rikki Donachie for introducing me to this acronym) to enjoy
folding.

We aim to create the best conditions to allow blind and visually impaired
persons (VIPs) to enjoy paper folding.

The main idea is to incorporate all their needs into the CFC site
<http://www.cfcorigami.com>and to create a systematic way to match VIP
students with teachers (sighted or not).

What kind of help do we look for?

1. Teaching blind/VI people In one-on-one lessons, online or in person can
be highly rewarding. We need people to teach.

2. As with all folders, VIPs wish to fold more models than they get. We
need creators to work with us to help us create text-only instructions for
their own as well as for traditional models.

You can either teach or fold a model both can decide on, with a blind
person, who can then write the text-only instructions.

3. We would like to include instructions in different languages where
possible. Since the language must be accurate, translations to other
languages must be done by native speakers folders.

4. Blind folders are needed to test fold models.

5. Folding support via email or WhatsApp - Blind people often try their
hand with normal diagrams or video tutorials, especially if the text is
elaborated enough, but may get stuck at some point. This is where you can
step in and help them get over the obstacle! Be their eyes and figure out
the next step with them.

If you wish to take part, either fill out this form
<https://forms.gle/dd4RycCQpwmbocDF7> with all your details or write to