I'm not going to leave the group; I've also been here for 20+ years and,
even though the list is way less active than it used to be, I still enjoy
being part of this community and would sorely miss it if I left.

However, my first and immediate thought when I saw Joseph's post was
something like "oh, girl, nothing good's gonna come from this!" It brought
to mind the analogy of the person who shows up at the party where
everyone is having fun, and drops a t--d in the punchbowl.

I have great respect and admiration for Joseph's abilities as a folder and
his many outstanding designs. But. I strongly feel that this is not the
appropriate venue for *that* post. Facebook or Instagram, maybe. Or his
personal website? The post really did contain an
un-missable political statement, which is beyond the pale in this forum and
does nothing to facilitate communication and camaraderie, not to mention
enjoyment, of origami, which is why most of us are here, I think.

... Chila Caldera
I fold, therefore I think; I think therefore I am
Folding for fun in Northern Arizona USA ///