HI again,

i still cannot start my client from the console, though it works in forte
(and i tried any combination of the jars, believe me...). This time (on a
linux box, same as the server, jdk 1.2.2 sun final, green threads,
javacomp), the exception differs and in the working directory remains a file
named __Proxy1.class. I remember that some time ago i had already seen this
mysterious class. I tried to decompile it, but the decompiler crashes. Maybe
the class is corrupt/malformed (see attachment)? In conjunction with
this, i'd like to have answers to some questions:

1. What is the purpose of this class?
2. Who does generate it? orion or jndi?
3. Does it get generated on every client's start?
4. Must a client have write access to the working directory in order to
work?
5. What can i do to get rid of this problem?
6. If happens an error while generating this class, where will it be
reported if ever?

Please help us, it's really driving us crazy (and forte consumes to much
memory to be used just as a "client launcher platform" :).

Here's the exception:

java.lang.VerifyError: (class: __Proxy1, method: <clinit> signature: ()V)
Accessing value from uninitialized register 0
        at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java, Compiled Code)
        at com.evermind.reflect.Proxy.am3(JAX, Compiled Code)
        at com.evermind.reflect.Proxy.am2(JAX, Compiled Code)
        at com.evermind.reflect.Proxy.am0(JAX, Compiled Code)
        at com.evermind.server.rmi.bb.g4(JAX, Compiled Code)
        at com.evermind.server.rmi.a8.resolveObject(JAX, Compiled Code)
        at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java,
Compiled Code)
        at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java,
Compiled Code)
        at com.evermind.server.rmi.a8.gi(JAX)
        at com.evermind.server.rmi.bb.ht(JAX)
        at com.evermind.server.rmi.bb.run(JAX)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:475)
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.evermind.reflect.Proxy.am2(JAX, Compiled Code)
        at com.evermind.reflect.Proxy.am0(JAX, Compiled Code)
        at com.evermind.server.rmi.bb.g4(JAX, Compiled Code)
        at com.evermind.server.rmi.a8.resolveObject(JAX, Compiled Code)
        at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java,
Compiled Code)
        at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java,
Compiled Code)
        at com.evermind.server.rmi.a8.gi(JAX)
        at com.evermind.server.rmi.bb.ht(JAX)
        at com.evermind.server.rmi.bb.run(JAX)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:475)
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.InstantiationError: No location
specified for ejb-ref NMejbBase
        at com.evermind.server.Application.amo(JAX)
        at
com.evermind.server.ApplicationClientInitialContextFactory.getInitialContext
(JAX)
        at
javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(NamingManager.java:672)
        at
javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:250)
        at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(InitialContext.java:226)
        at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(InitialContext.java:182)
        at
de.netmedia.ejb.interfaces.NMejbConnection.getInitialContext(NMejbConnection
.java:145)
        at
de.netmedia.ejb.interfaces.NMejbConnection.getHome(NMejbConnection.java:173)
        at
de.netmedia.ejb.interfaces.NMejbConnection.getHome(NMejbConnection.java:217)
        at
de.netmedia.ejb.interfaces.NMejbConnection.getAccess(NMejbConnection.java:31
3)
        at
de.netmedia.ejb.base.hashserver.NMejbHashServerExec.main(NMejbHashServerExec
.java:116)

Regards,

Jens Stutte

[EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.netmedia.de