Quick and dirty "load balancing" is round robin DNS. I just did a quick
test the other day and set up two machines with our app. Hit the URL
once and logged in (keeps object in session). Killed the app on one
machine and hit reload. I was still logged in on the other machine. I
got some errors as Netscape didn't choose to look at the other IP (in RR
DNS you specify multiple IPs for a single domain name) right off. But it
did show that session failover worked.
--
Joel Shellman
Chief Software Architect