Hello all,

I'm getting a frustrating problem trying to bring up the "Product" entity bean
inside Orion 1.4.0 (after latest autoupdate - though I had the problem with
1.3.4 as well). It only happens _after_ I move the location of the class files
from d:\orion\demo\ejb\product to d:\vivek\pricing\ejb\product.

The error I get is (ultimately):

D:\vivek\pricing\ejb\product>java ProductClient
Communication error: Error reading application-client descriptor: No
location specified and no suitable instance of the type 'Product' found
for the ejb-ref MyProduct

Is this an obvious problem? I can't believe this is just happening because I
change the location of the class files and meta-inf files. I noticed someone
else got this error some time ago, but no solution was posted.  Here's the gory
story, steps 1 through 7:

System: WinNT4 SP6
JDK: 1.2.2
CLASSPATH: .;
d:\orion\orion.jar;d:\orion\jndi.jar;d:\orion\servlet.jar;d:\orion\ejb.jar

1. INITIALIZED ORION, deployed the ejbsamples, and the "ProductClient"
successfully ran, out-of-the-box. All classes are located in
d:\orion\demo\ejb\product\

2. COPIED the jndi.properties, ProductEJB, ProductHome and Product (remote
interface) and ProductClient to d:\vivek\pricing\ejb\product\ and all the
meta-inf files (application-client.xml, ejb-jar.xml,
orion-application-client.xml) _without change_, recompiled all the files. Added
an application.xml file into d:\vivek\pricing\ejb\meta-inf\application.xml with
the following lines -

<application>
     <display-name>Pricing</display-name>
     <module>
          <ejb>product</ejb>
     </module>
</application>

3. COMMENTED out the "ejbsamples" part of orion's server.xml. Deleted that
application's deployment files. Added the following application to server.xml:

<application name="pricing" path="d:\\vivek\\pricing\\ejb" />

4. RESTARTED Orion. Observed that

Auto-deploying pricing (New server version detected)...
Auto-deploying product (No previous deployment found)... done.
Orion/1.4.0 initialized

5. RAN ProductClient, and got this message -

D:\vivek\pricing\ejb\product>java ProductClient
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.SecurityException: No such domain/applicati
on: ejbsamples
        at com.evermind.server.rmi.bd.gk(JAX)
        at com.evermind.server.rmi.bd.gk(JAX)
        at com.evermind.server.rmi.bd.f3(JAX)
        at com.evermind.server.rmi.RMIServer.f3(JAX, Compiled Code)
        at com.evermind.server.rmi.RMIContext.lookup(JAX)
        at com.evermind.server.administration.LazyResourceFinder.f3(JAX)
        at com.evermind.server.administration.LazyResourceFinder.getEJBHome(JAX)

        at com.evermind.server.Application.aqo(JAX, Compiled Code)
        at com.evermind.server.ApplicationClientInitialContextFactory.getInitial
Context(JAX, Compiled Code)
        at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(NamingManager.java:6
72)
        at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:250
)
        at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(InitialContext.java:226)
        at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(InitialContext.java:182)
        at ProductClient.main(ProductClient.java:18)

6. ALTERED the second line of jndi.properies:
OLD: java.naming.provider.url=ormi://localhost/ejbsamples
NEW: java.naming.provider.url=ormi://localhost/
(What's up with this, anyway??)

7. RE-RAN ProductClient, and now get the final message -

D:\vivek\pricing\ejb\product>java ProductClient
Communication error: Error reading application-client descriptor: No location sp
ecified and no suitable instance of the type 'Product' found for the ejb-ref MyP
roduct

Any assistance would be appreciated. I'm sure I had this working in a much older
 version
of Orion, and it seems to have broken, dont know why.

Thanks,

Vivek