At 13:42 15.11.00 , you wrote:
>At 11:06 AM 11/15/2000 -0600, you wrote:
>no, you have to get the terminology right, so people understand what
>you're trying to do ;-). you DON'T want to set up 3 websites in j2ee/orion
>terminology but have one website witth three web applications. your
>website is http://myserver. you got answers to set up different websites
>by the people who thought you wanted to do that because you said so and
>you got answers to set up one website with three web applications because
>that's what you described as in this email and the ones before.
>
>>web site == one address like http://myserver (which will have a default
>>web application mounted at "/")
>>web application == twsm which you want to mount to the website
>>http://myserver  under "/twsm" which results in http://myserver/twsm
>>
>>hope this clears up the confusion and of course it's all your fault ;-).
>
>Allright, so I'm a dolt. :-)  You are, of course, correct.  Terminology is
>such a hard thing to master.....  ANYHOO, the above methods are what I'm
>trying to accomplish. I'm sorry for the confusion, and I will promise to
>assume all blame for any flamage which may occur as a result.
>
>So, now that Robert has so elegantly spoken for me, what sort of solutions
>do y'all have to offer the poor, clueless orion dev-head?

what about the one I posted? one web-site.xml for http://myserver  with
default-web-app being the one you want to see at http://myserver/ and two
web-apps (with root set to  "/twsm" and "/cs2k" respectively). didn't that
work? it should. I have plenty of sites/apps set up this way here.

robert

>------
>Andrew Kidder
>L3 SW/Support Engineer, IBU
>Tivoli Systems
>
>512-436-4544
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>http://www.tivoli.com

(-) Robert Krüger
(-) SIGNAL 7 Gesellschaft für Informationstechnologie mbH
(-) Brüder-Knauß-Str. 79 - 64285 Darmstadt,
(-) Tel: 06151 665401, Fax: 06151 665373
(-) [EMAIL PROTECTED], www.signal7.de