+1 from here too. Most problems with orion stability on our production
systems were caused by buggy linux VMs. Even now with jdk1.3.01 from sun
the VM crashes from time to time. In terms of long term stability, I think
orion has become very good. The problems we've had with orion freezing were
all triggered by rather extreme conditions (e.g. massive batch operations
on ejbs causing OutOf MemoryErrors). IMHO the most important thing that's
missing is a few more configuration directives to tweak orion's resource
usage policies especially for EJB caches (I would gladly trade some
percentage points in performance for less memory use but that's a very
individual thing to decide). Other than that, we just need someone to
produce a stable AND fast jdk1.3 for linux.

regards,

robert

At 12:41 14.12.00 , you wrote:
>I agree that most problems people encounter are more likely caused by 1)
>their own applications, 2) their JVM or 3) their operating system.

<snip/>

>Jeroen T. Wenting
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>Murphy was wrong, things that can't go wrong will anyway

<snip/>

>>Klaus Myrseth

(-) Robert Krüger
(-) SIGNAL 7 Gesellschaft für Informationstechnologie mbH
(-) Brüder-Knauß-Str. 79 - 64285 Darmstadt,
(-) Tel: 06151 665401, Fax: 06151 665373
(-) [EMAIL PROTECTED], www.signal7.de