At 14:28 16.12.00 , you wrote:
>Hi all!
>         I made some tests to find out how transactions affect
> performance. I called
>a sessionless' ejb empty function with different transaction attributes. It
>turned out that call time mean was about 250 ms and it almost not changed
>depending on attributesn (Requires, supports, ...). So, does transactions
>have so little impact on perfomance???
>         Why it takes about 250ms to invoke an empty function on ejb? Is
> it because
>ejb are distrubuted objects? What else could affect the ejb performance?
>
>Regards,
>    Savotchkin Egor

you must have made a mistake 250ms is ridiculously slow. that's 4 calls per
sec!!!! please check your setup. this doesn't reflect our observations at
all. even with transactions that's way too slow or are you by any chance
using a 386 with 4 Meg RAM and a nojit VM ;-)).

regards,

robert

>Web-technologies department
>eMail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>CJSC "SoftPro" - Billing systems
>tel: (+7-095) 755-5655 (3135)
>web-site: http://www.cboss.ru

(-) Robert Krüger
(-) SIGNAL 7 Gesellschaft für Informationstechnologie mbH
(-) Brüder-Knauß-Str. 79 - 64285 Darmstadt,
(-) Tel: 06151 665401, Fax: 06151 665373
(-) [EMAIL PROTECTED], www.signal7.de